Valley Haven’s Infant and Toddler Early Intervention Program is a pre-school program serving children up to 3 years old who have developmental delays or special needs.
The program provides education, training, and support to these children and their families. The service is provided at no cost to the family
Staff includes the Department Head, Special Instructor, Speech Therapist, Physical Therapist, and Occupational Therapist.
- Infants and toddlers birth through three years (0-36 months) who:
- Exhibit a delay of 25% or more in an area of development such as gross and fine motor, self help (adaptive), cognitive, social, and/or communication skills
- Have a specific diagnosis such as cerebral palsy, Down Syndrome, hydrocephalus, spina bifida, microcephaly, etc.
Services to Children
Professionals and parents, working together as a team, develop an IFSP (Individualized Family Service Plan) for each child based on an assessment of the child’s and the family’s needs.
Instruction provides opportunities for individualized growth in the areas of:
- Gross and Fine Motor Skills
- Self-Help Skills
- Cognitive Skills
- Social Skills
- Communication Skills
Children also receive Speech and Language Therapy and Physical Therapy as needed.
Services to Families
Valley Haven recognizes the importance of family involvement in the education of young children. We encourage family participation in our program through:
- Developmental evaluations/assessments
- Special instruction
- Coordination of goals between school and home
- Family Support
- Home Instruction
- Joint development of IFSP
- Service coordination